Gdańsk is a city with more than a thousand years of history. It has been shaped by the influence of various cultures and played the role of a royal and hanseatic city.
One of the things which makes Gdańsk a special spot on the map of Poland is its unique atmosphere of a city closely united with the sea, beautiful and inspiring, with an international port visited for centuries by guests from throughout the world.
Gdańsk is a multicultural city, teeming with life and constantly enchanting with its architecture. Go for a walk through its charming streets, with hidden museums and galleries, and you will find amber shops, cosy cafes and elegant restaurants.
Places and sights that are worth a visit - it's only a few minutes walk:
- St Mary’s Church
- St Mary’s Street
- Długa Street
- Motława River
- The Great Crane
- European Solidarity Centre
- Polish Baltic Philharmonic
- The Amber Museum
Recommended events and happenings:
- European Museum Night on the night from 18 to 19.05 in Tricity
- Żeglarski Puchar Trójmiasta otwierający sezon żeglarski trwa od 24 do 26.05 Sailing Cup of Tricity which will open sailing season from 24 to 26.05
- Regatta for the Gdańsk Marina Cup on 8-9.06
- Body Worlds Exhibition hich will last until 26.06 in Galeria Metropolia